Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 half-days and 1 full day in Kyoto 2008/2/1 03:32
Please review my itinerary.

Day1- Arrive at Kyoto around 2pm. After checking in, ready to explore by 3pm.
-Kinkakuji
-Ryoanji
-Gion

Day2- Ginkakuji
-Path of philosophy
-Nanyenji
-Kiyomizudera
-Imperial Palace
Day3- Bike ride around local near Ryokan Shimizu
or Fushimi Inari Shrine
-leave Kyoto at 1pm

4 of us will be traveling together. On Day 1, would it be too costly to travel by
taxi? On Day 2, should we buy sightseeing pass for 4?
Please give advice.
by Rosie  

... 2008/2/1 08:30
After checking in, ready to explore by 3pm.
-Kinkakuji
-Ryoanji
-Gion

Kinkakuji and Ryoanji close around 4:30 to 5pm, so you should hurry, especially if your hotel is far away from the temples. A taxi might not be a bad idea. It will cost a few thousand yen. Whether this is too costly or not depends on your budget.

Day2- Ginkakuji
-Path of philosophy
-Nanyenji
-Kiyomizudera
-Imperial Palace

Note that the Imperial Palace requires advance reservations for a guided tour during specified time slots. This will rob you of flexibility on an already busy day. Also, tours are not held on Sundays, national holidays and some Saturdays.

Taxis might be a good idea also for day 2, considering that there are four of you, unless you are on a tight budget.
by Uji rate this post as useful

2 half-days and 1 full day in Kyoto 2008/2/1 11:08
Thanks for reminding me to check the closing hour of Kinkakuji adn Ryoanji.I'll need to take an earlier train from Hakone to Kyoto.
by Rosie rate this post as useful

imperial palace 2008/2/1 11:37
please note that when visiting the Imperial palace you can't see the rooms used by the Imperial family. Nijo castle is a more interesting place.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread