Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Summer Program for high schoolers 2008/2/1 14:42
Well i have been looking for two days now soem programs into go to japan for my summer. i want to also go to school during this time. i found a few but there always soemthign im not to happy about liekt he lenth.
i want to be there for atleast a month or more.
i'm more less planing for 2009. so my summer that year begings May 23 or so... but i might also be joinign my school trip to japan. whci is in June to July so. a program starting in July would be nice! and i don't know when my school starts.
And i'm hoping for a cheap program... i mean not very expensive.
reason i choose 2009 is... 1 i can't go with my current health...gettign better thou
2. I'm to late to do stuff for it now
3. it is going to be my last year i can do it.(it my Jr. to Senior year) and i rally want to do something liekt hsi before i graduate!

Sorry for the long message. basicly i'm looking for a program that satrs in July that is a good price for me to study japanese in japan for 6 or so weeks.
by Nana Torigawa  

... 2008/2/2 15:58
The biggest problem is Japanese schools are out for summer vacation from late July to the end of August. I don't think schools accept foreign students during their vacation. Your best bet will be to find a homestay programm organized by language schools or local governments.
by JLady rate this post as useful

early July may be possible 2008/2/2 16:35
Summer vacations in senior high schools in Japan usually don't start until at least July 15th-ish. Some schools may only do term exams during the last week, but a lot of schools today don't and they would have ordinary classes.

Nana, if you can clarify what you have already found and what it was that couldn't please you, it might help others to give you better advise.

Meanwhile, YMCA holds summer camps for junior and senior high school kids. Scroll down the following link and click their email address to inquire for more details.
http://tokyo.ymca.or.jp/camp/summercamp/index.html
by Uco rate this post as useful

YFU 2008/2/3 00:38
go to yfu-usa.org
it is the best exchange program
application deadline has already past but it is the best program
their programs last from summer,semester,and year program
and there are many scholarships that they give out
this is a school recommened program
it's the best
by chloe rate this post as useful

YFU 2008/2/3 04:46
i already know YFU my techer told me about it but the summer program is not really what i want...
Um... i also looked into Kudan which intrest me.. i just got to find the prices...
I just want to go to school and learn japanese and meet new friends. and do other jaapnese related stuff!
by Nana Torigawa rate this post as useful

oh... 2008/2/3 11:24
well how long do you want to stay in japan....there is also rotary.org and someotherone just google it
by chloe rate this post as useful

people talk about that at school 2008/2/4 11:11
yah people at school talke about it.. i try to look into it...
by Nana Torigawa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread