Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese email system 2008/2/2 18:05
Hello, I dont know if i write at the right place, I need help. My english is not very good, so if any statement is not clear, please let me know.

I am from Malaysia and few days ago I went to Bali for holiday (alone Sad )
Then, by a chance a tour guide (with two Japaneses tourist mother and daughter) came over and ask my tour guide if we can fetch his tourists back to their hotel.

So... just like that, both of them follow my tour car, and the girl really pretty Smile
We went to Monkey Forrest and took picture together

Then... I ask for her email, so that i can send the photo to her. and so, she game me her email, its xxx.x@m9.dion.ne.jp

Now the problem is, we in malaysia use handphone number to send SMS (short message system), and japanese use email to send SMS. And i think that email is for their SMS address.

So please, someone who understand japanese handphone system, or someone who can help me contact her will be much appreciated.
by Stellix  

email her 2008/2/3 07:57
That is an email address, so you will be able to send an email to it from your computer or from your phone if you have that capability. An SMS most likely won't work. SMS is not really used in Japan, we just send emails between phones instead.
by Sira rate this post as useful

thx 2008/2/3 21:42
thx for the reply ^^
I already emailed her using hotmail account.
I attach few photos from monkey forest.
Been few days, but no reply yet... Maybe the email never get through.
So i really wonder if normal hotmail account cant get through to their handphone email address.
by Stellix rate this post as useful

Email address 2008/2/3 23:06
Stellix,

That email address (dion.ne.jp) is a regular computer email address. It's not a mobile phone email address.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Computer email address 2008/2/4 08:17
I thought so but wasn't 100% sure- thanks for confirming that, Dave in Saitama.

Stellix, probably your email has gone through. She might reply, or she might not, all you can do is wait...
by Sira rate this post as useful

e-mail 2008/2/4 12:37
usually if you send an email with the wrong address it bounce back to your computer practically within seconds and shows up as something like postmaster advice: message undeliverable
you can double check in your "send" folder if the message is there it was sent.
she likely received it but perhaps regretted having given you her address. Many people, especially women but even men, try not to give their e-mail and phone numbers to total strangers for obvious safety reasons. It is sad but ..
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/2/4 14:37
Thanks all for your replies... Really appreciate it, you are right, all i can do is wait... or maybe she dont really care about it... But, I will inform you guys as soon as the girl reply me ^.^
by Stellix rate this post as useful

reply to this thread