Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Enoshima aquarium or Osaka aquarium 2008/2/5 10:04
During my travelling to Japan for 16 days this March, I with my 2 sons (9 and 12 year) plan to visit many places including Kamakura and Osaka.We wish to visit 1 of the 2 aquarium.Which one should we choose?
One more question please. Is there heater in night train?
by somchai  

aquariums and trains 2008/2/5 22:47
i have been to the aquarium in osaka and enjoyed it - they have a huge tank with amongst other things 2 whale sharks (or at least they did 10 years ago). i don't know the enoshima aquarium. I have also been to aquariums around tokyo - kasai rinkai koen, kawasaki (i think) and in an office building in shinagawa. osaka was the best aquarium but kawasaki and shinagawa had performances.

as for the night train, i have yet to find a train that wasn't overheated but i'm not sure that the kiddiwinks could put up with an all night train ride.
by joseph rate this post as useful

me again 2008/2/5 22:49
sorry, i misread your post a little. i guess the tokyo stuff is irrelevant.

Heater in night train 2008/2/6 09:57
Thank you, Joseph.
Sorry, I don't understand your answer about heater in night train.
by somchai rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/6 10:37
Is there heater in night train?

Virtually all trains in Japan, including night trains are air conditioned.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Enoshima 2008/2/6 10:54
I am from Fujisawa, where Enoshima is located. Enoshima aquarium is really cool since it's new, they just renovated the building, and it is Right next to the beach - and the enoshima (isnland). Enoshima aquarium has the biggest? jellyfish exhibition and I like it a lot.
by Asako rate this post as useful

heater clarification 2008/2/6 23:14
i think all trains are heated. my point was that as it is winter everone dresses warmly so the trains are in fact too warm.

Night train 2008/2/15 06:36
I was in Japan last summer, a family with boys 12,10 and 7. We all really enjoyed the experience of the night train from Osaka to Tokyo. I thought the temperature was just right (there must have been some air conditioning). I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked, but the boys slept fine. It would probably have been cheaper to get a cheap hotel room (you have to pay for the beds on the night train even if you have a rail pass).
We thought the Acquarium at Osaka was fantasic, there was the whale shark (just one) and some fantastic big crabs I hadn't seen before. It was by far the biggest aquarium we had ever been to - you keep spiralling downwards around an enormous tank with periferal exhibits too, but it was the only one we visited in Japan. It was so good it would have been nice to visit others...
by Julia rate this post as useful

reply to this thread