Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Oedo Onsen Monogatari 2008/2/5 20:48
I read that you are required to only bring 100yen for the locker after you have paid the entrance fee. I assume this locker is to store our normal clothings, handbag, etc. Then you get into your Yukata. But how about camera when we go into the bath? I would love to have the camera with me to take photos of the surrounding area (not in the bath, of cause!!) Are there more free lockers to put the Yukata (then can store my camera as well) at each bath? Also for ambience, which is the best time to visit?

Thanks,
Mel
by Mel  

Montagari... 2008/2/6 14:10
I visited last November, so I'll tell you what I can.

I recommend going so that you are there as the place opens. Yes, it does get busy, but there are two actors who do a bit of a show before you go in, which makes it worthwhile.

When you go in, you will be directed to an area where you can store your shoes before going on to the tatami. In this area there are coin lockers, ranging from 100JPY-400JPY- this depends on the size you need. I used a 200JPY one which had enough room for two day packs etc. If you just have a handbag or small bag, hang on to it as there are lockers (the key is given to you when you pay admission) once you go in. Also, these are good as you can re-open them without having to pay again, which you do with the outdoor ones. You can take your camera in, and before you enter the bath there are lockers for your yukata, you could leave your camera there, I don't remember if these lock but you could always put it in your other locker when you're bathing. Another note: leave your wallet in the lockers after admission: You won't have to use cash inside the onsen, they bill you for all your purchases as you exit, each of them recorded digitally onto the wristband you are given when you pay for admission.

Hope this helps.
by R. rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/7 01:14
Thanks! You clarified a lot.
by Mel rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/13 09:09
No worries!
by R. rate this post as useful

reply to this thread