Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

translation help please 2008/2/6 01:54
hi everyone,

i've been writing this, but i would like someone to translate it for me so i can compare what i've written so far.

"(name)is always cheerful.Even though we've known each other for only a short time, she's always kind to me.I think that (name) is a loyal friend,and i'm happy that i met her:) When I visit (area) again,let's go drinking!"

really random,but if someone could help out,i'd really appreciate it!thanks a lot:)
by boribori  

... 2008/2/6 16:23
Do you want to say this to the _one_ person you are referring to as both "(name)" and "she" in your sentences? Shouldn't it be, for example, "I'm glad that I've met YOU?"
by AK rate this post as useful

AK 2008/2/6 16:41
hi AK,

I understand your confusion, but no, i have to speak about her,not to her.that's why it's written like that:)
by boribori rate this post as useful

OK... 2008/2/6 16:51
(name)is always cheerful.
(Name) wa akarui hito desu.

Even though we've known each other for only a short time, she's always kind to me.
Shiriatte mada mijikai desu ga, kanojo wa itsumo watashi ni yasashiku shite kuremasu.

I think that (name) is a loyal friend,and i'm happy that i met her:)
(Name) wa totemo ii tomodachi da to omou shi, kanojo ni aete yokatta to omotte imasu.

When I visit (area) again,let's go drinking!
(Area) ni mata watashi ga kita toki ni wa, issho ni nomi ni ikimashou.

...Then I don't know to whom the last sentence "let's go drinking" is directed, though. And the second sentence is "even though SHE AND I have known each other..." right?
by AK rate this post as useful

thank you! 2008/2/6 16:57
yes,that's what the "we've" is for,sorry I should have been more specific:( thank you for your help,I appreciate it!:)
by boribori rate this post as useful

reply to this thread