Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Original Documents 2008/2/7 16:41
Hi i had some time back applied for my Wife`s COE (Dependent) and got the same today.
At the time of submission of COE application, I had submitted my original marriage certificate as well as a photocopy of it. However, today when the COE arrived, it didnt have the original marriage certificate. Do I need to go to the immigration office again to get my original marriage certificate..???
by Aman  

... 2008/2/8 09:45
Did you send in the documents or did you present them in person?

When I go to immigration to apply for my family's status renewal, I take the original document (I mean original in the sense of REAL original, that cannot be re-created, and not the official transcript), show the original along with a photocopy, and submit only the photocopy. Or I take only the original, and let the immigration people take a photocopy (they want to be sure that the photocopy is TRULY a photocopy of a proper document.)

So if you had not told them that the certificate was real original (as against official transcript copy), it might not have occurred to them to return it. I think you should call (I assume you are in Japan?) to ask about it. If you give you & your wife's full name, with the dates of application/receipt, they will be able to track it for you.
by AK rate this post as useful

copy 2008/2/8 12:08
I submitted a copy of the original of my documents (not marriage certificate, but the other documents), but had them certified and signed by the police in my home country, as being a copy of the original.
There was no problem with this, and they could keep the copies.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

Resolved 2008/2/8 12:09
Hi,

The issue has been resolved. I just went to the Immigration Bureau office.. and showed the slip that they had given me at the time of COE Application (which had the application number on it). They went inside, and within 20 seconds, came out with the Original Document!! that was it!!! Looks like they keep the documents with them for sometime atleast... he also told me..that next time... i could just put in a note with the application to send back the original... alls well that ends well :-)
by Aman rate this post as useful

other 2008/2/8 12:10
Actually, I submitted a police certified copy of our marriage certificate for my wife's CEO.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread