Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kid 3 yrs. old & Snowing 2008/2/8 15:47
My family would like to go to Japan around mid March 08. My kid only 3 yrs old would like to enjoy snow (it will be first time in her life), Then with place in Japan that your guy will recommend.
by Pui  

... 2008/2/8 16:39
by Uji rate this post as useful

Sapporo 2008/2/9 00:28
In Sapporo !! That were you should go its a nice city we have lots of snow and it really fun fur all the family!! I live here for 5 years and it really nice not to cold im from montreal there it really cold -20 to - 35 here it -2 to -10 max!!
by igo rate this post as useful

Thank you so much, Igo 2008/2/11 11:21
Sapporo was my first Idea to take my kid to Japan too, but I'm not quite sure that its too cold for my kid or not cause we're from Thailand (normally 32C). How about Yazawa or Fujiten?
by Pui rate this post as useful

It is possible 2008/2/11 22:31
Is Fujiten Fuji-san? Is "Yazawa" Yuzawa? If so, I could assume that both are around Tokyo. I know you are not planning to ski but here is some idea from one of the locals. At least, Echigo-Yuzawa or even Nikko (such as Hunter's Mountain) used to be a popular destination for spring ski (Feb-Apr) from Tokyo area many years ago. I do not know if you are still able to enjoy skiing nowadays (because of global warming). It probably depends on the year. I suppose you have to check some local information if you make plans. However, this year has relatively cold winter near Tokyo. Please enjoy your stay wherever you decided to go.
by a Kanto no hito rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/12 07:56
Fujiten is a ski resort at the base of Mount Fuji. It remains open through early April. I believe they often use man made snow. 20 minute taxi ride from Kawaguchiko Station. About 2-3 hours from central Tokyo.

Yuzawa has ski resorts which are open through early May. The peak of the season is February. During March, natural snow is still guaranteed. It is only a 90 minute shinkansen ride to Yuzawa from Tokyo. From the station, the various ski resorts can be reached in 10-45 minute bus/taxi rides:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7690.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you so much, Kanto 2008/2/13 19:00
Thanks to all of you for your advice, then I'll try to set up our plan for Yuzawa,or Takayama, just for snowing sight seeing only.
by Pui rate this post as useful

reply to this thread