Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

In Hiroshima on September 15... 2008/2/10 08:06
Hi,

Myself and my partner are going to be visiting Japan in September. We'll be spending time in Tokyo, with a short trip over to Hiroshima.

My question is this. The full day that we are in Hiroshima is September 15, which appears to be the ''Respect for Aged'' holiday. Will this cause us any problems do you think?
by TJ  

... 2008/2/10 10:50
Will this cause us any problems do you think?

What are you worried about? Trains from Hiroshima back into Tokyo could be somewhat crowded in the afternoon of the 15th, but you should have no problems making advance seat reservations.

Most attractions and shops will be open. One exception is the Mazda Museum, which will be closed.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/2/10 20:32
Thanks Uji,

Our concern was that there may not be anything open in Hiroshima on the 15th as it was a holiday, but from your answer it looks like we'll be ok.

We'll be travelling to Hiroshima on Sep 14th and returning to Tokyo on Sep 16th, so hopefully we'll be ok train-wise too.
by TJ rate this post as useful

One extra question... 2008/2/10 20:35
I'm assuming that this also counts for Miyajima island?

We won't have any problems getting the ferry to Miyajima island from the Peace Park on the 15th will we?
by TJ rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/11 08:14
Virtually everything should be open on Miyajima, too. Weekends and long weekends is the time when most people have the opportunity to travel and shop. Therefore, most tourist attractions and shops will be open.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread