Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanji - Japanese and Chinese meaning 2008/2/17 22:54
Hi

I'm moving to Japan in the next week. I have learnt basic Japanese for the last few months, e.g. hiragana and katakana.

When I go to Japan, I will probably start learning Kanji too. I am from a Chinese background, but I grew up in the UK - so I only know a handful of characters.

I was wondering if anyone knew any good text book that give both Japanese and Chinese pronunciation of the same characters, and meanings?

This would be useful as I could improve my reading/writing skills on both languages at the same time.

Thanks
Rob
by Rob  

. 2008/2/18 10:46
I don't know about books, but the software Wakan http://wakan.manga.cz has, among other things, a kanji dictionary for both chinese and japanese pronounciation. You can also print out flash cards for learning, but I don't know if you can display both languages on the same flashcards.
by Haf rate this post as useful

Amazing! 2008/2/18 23:16
That's even better!! And it's free too. Amazing what you find on the internet.

Thanks for your help,
Rob
by Rob rate this post as useful

alreayd there 2008/2/19 01:12
most Kanji in Japan already have the Chinese pronunciation in them. So if you buy any kanji book that lists all one kanji's different methods of reading, it will most certainly list the Chinese pronunciation as well.
by Miyuki rate this post as useful

not the same 2008/2/19 10:53
Miyuki, "on-yomi" and Chinese are two different things.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread