Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Two weeks Itinery 2008/2/21 06:27
Hi
My boyfriend and I are flying into Tokyo on 22 March for a two week stay. Could anyone suggest an itenary? We know that we want to spend a few days in Tokyo and in Kyoto but are interested in other contrasting places.

We are a bit nervous to go too far off the beaten track as we are vegetarians so dont want to be too limited on food choices. Will we be better off using Tokyo/Kyoto as bases and going on many day trips? If not are ther any must sees?

Very grateful for any suggestions!

Thanks
by Chrissy  

Have fun!! 2008/2/21 08:01
This site is a treasure trove of information regarding what to do in Japan. If you're going for 2 weeks, do maybe 4 days in the Tokyo area, a couple day trips suggested on the Tokyo page of this site, 3-4 days in Kyoto with a day trip to Himeji and an overnight trip to Nara and Mt Koya. A treat, since you're vegetarians, is that you can spend the night in one of the Buddist temples where they serve only vegetarian food =) Then you can finish up in Hiroshima. Hope this helps and have fun!!
by yuki k rate this post as useful

Two weeks Itinery 2008/2/23 04:48
Thank you that is really helpful. We have read about the staying in the Temple and that sounds an amazing experience. Is it best to try to book the Temple before we arrive or just when we get there?
Thanks again
by chrissy rate this post as useful

Koya 2008/2/24 00:25
Hi - my wife and I are also vegetarians and go twice a year to Japan. I can highly recommend Mt Koya!
But you must book in advance (well not must, but I think it is a good idea). Also - be prepared to freeze! Koya is COLD!
We stayed in a great temple - though also be aware that staying in temples is quite expensive.
We booked using japaneseguesthouses.com - and they were great.
by Pil rate this post as useful

reply to this thread