Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best place to see sakura in April? 2008/2/21 12:45
Hi, I will be going to Japan on 14th April 2008. Wondering where is the best place to catch Sakura blooming? Many Tks. EC.
by Eliza  

. 2008/2/22 03:57
You will have to look at places like Sendai, Morioka or even Hirosaki. The Hirosaki Cherry Blossom Festival runs from April 23rd thru May 5th. If you should go to Hirosaki, please note that the last week of the festival is Golden Week.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

.. 2008/2/22 12:58
I plan to go to Hanamiyama Koen in Fukushima near Sendai to enjoy the cherry blossoms around April 14. I've never been there myself but have seen pictures. It seems like a great place for sakura viewing.
by Trakarn rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/22 13:44
Mt. Yoshino in Nara will be a peak when you go (a little later than in Nara city, Kyoto, Osaka etc.) There are more than 30,000 cherry trees there:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4150.html
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

other options 2008/2/22 14:23
Fukushima sounds good. I'm also thinking about Saigyo Modoshi No Matsu near Matsushima, around April 16-17.

Would Nikko also be a good spot on these days? It's higher up, so the flowers bloom later. Plus, it's in the middle of Yayoi Matsuri.
by Kimon rate this post as useful

Takayama 2008/2/25 06:56
I would go to Takayama, nice small town, great food.
by ichinensei rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/2/25 16:03
Thank you very much. EC
by EC rate this post as useful

Old old cherry trees 2008/2/25 23:55
Can't tell exactly when they blossom but there are a couple of
famous old cherry trees in Japan.
Jindai Zakura(Tanabashi), some thousand years old tree. I've seen it. Just breath taking! Very remote from the train station.

Usuzumi no Sakura(Gifu). Just awesome. Mysterious even.

Sorry I can't give you more detailed info.
by anchorwoman2008 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread