Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Direct hotel room booking or internet 2008/2/21 21:02
Hi
I will be booking accomodation in Tokyo. I was wondering whether to book it all online (13 days), or perhaps book some (say a few days) and then purchase the rest directly at the same hotel after arrival.

Does anyone know if the hotel rates are better by reserving them at the hotel directly, or online?

Also, during Sakura, is there more likely to be less accomodation available?

Thanks,
John
by John  

. 2008/2/21 22:08
I suggest you book them all at the same time. Not sure why you would want to book a few days then book again at the same hotel again.

If you book in advance you're secured rooms. I know a few times I've traveled around where I waited to the last minute and had a dig around harder for a hotel in an area I wanted to be in.
by John(another) rate this post as useful

Eggs 2008/2/21 22:30
Thanks John.
The reason is that if you book all at once then I guess you have all the eggs in one basket so to speak. If you want to change you will have already booked via internet, don't know if could get refund for remaining days, etc.
Cheers,
John
by John rate this post as useful

Hotel in Japan 2008/2/21 23:16
In Japan you very often need not to prepay you hotel booking. Some hotels ask for no guarantee, Japanese travellers are used to cancel if necessary, some hotels ask for a first night guarantee payment. Check with the webside of your hotel.
by Peter rate this post as useful

Web address 2008/2/22 08:25
Thanks Peter.
Well the web address is part of the issue, because I cannot find direct web addresses for these hotels:
- Apa hotel Nishiazabu,4-4-5 Nishi Azabu, Minato-Ku,Tokyo
- Shinbashi Atagoyama Tokyu Inn, 1-6-6, Atago, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- B Roppongi hotel, 3-9-8 Roppongi,Minato-ku,Tokyo

They only seem to be available through sites like Asia Rooms, etc.

Do these hotels have web addresses for direct contact?

Thanks.
by John rate this post as useful

Cherry blossom 2008/2/22 08:34
John,

In answer to your second question about hotels during the cherry blossom season, I don't think this is something you need to worry about in Tokyo.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

www addresses 2008/2/22 09:00
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

reply to this thread