Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone and Hokkaido 2008/2/22 00:52
I've 10days and have been to Tokyo. This time would like to cover Hakone and Hokkaido. What is the recommended itinerary and places to stay.
by Nancy  

... 2008/2/22 12:08
Hakone and Hokkaido are far apart. If you want an onsen experience, there're many onsen in Hokkaido. How about concentraing on Hokkaido?
by JLady rate this post as useful

Hakone and Hokkaido 2008/2/22 12:29
The last time, we did not manage to see Mt fuji. That's why we thought of Mt Fuji, not so much of Onsen. Anyway, what are the must see places in Hokkaido and how many days are required. We plan to fly internally.
by Nancy rate this post as useful

hmmmm 2008/2/22 12:49
If you want see Mt. Fuji, sould come to Japan in winder. Then you can see it even in Tokyo areas. Actually I think it is much better to see from the distance.

What do you want to do in Hokkaido ??
by kinoko rate this post as useful

Hokkaido 2008/2/22 13:19
we just heard Hokkaido is beautiful. We like scenery. we definitely need recommendation what to do, what to eat n where to go?

True 2008/2/22 21:02
Hokkaido is beautiful place but quite big.. so of you want to see many place at the once, better to use the tour needs about a week.

1. Hakodate (market)
2. Shiretoko (World Heritage)
3. Asahiyama-Zoo (most popler place to visit now!)

There are my favorite and you can get all of the informations in this site.
by kinoko rate this post as useful

hokkaido 2008/2/23 00:08
We spent out time in Hokkaido in Sapporro, Otaru and Noboribetsu. All of them were very nice and very different. We took the train from Chitose to Otaru an spent a day & 1/2 shopping, sightseeing and eating. The seafood is great and the shopping is very nice. There is also a very nice small onsen that has the best water, a little salty, very silty and great on the skin. I really liked Otaru and think is a great place to spend a couple of days.
After lunch on our second day in Otaru, we went over to Sapporo for the night. There we took the tram-way up to the mountain top at night & then came down to Ramen Alley before turning in for the night. The next day, we went to the Beer Museum, the ice cream museum and the sake museum. All worth the trip, nice, easy-going places to visit. Sapporo was nice too, big city scenery was quite a contract from Otaru.
We then rented a car and drove to Noboribetsu. We stayed at two onsen, Daiichi Takimotokan and one smaller one. The onsen were wonderful and the food was great. We toured all around the town & hell valley and took day trips to the Shiraoi Ainu Museum and Lake Toya/Usuzan. All worth the trip. After a couple of days, we went back to Sapporo for the night and flew back to Osaka the next morning.
There is a lot more to see, I could have spend 2 weeks in Hokkaido!
by cf rate this post as useful

Hokkaido 2008/2/23 01:14
Hi kinoko and Cf,

thks for your inputs. I was comtemplating about driving but since my friend and I do not know Japanese, wonder if that will be a problem.

So if we have 6 days in Hokkaido,
1. what would be a recommended itinerary departing from Tokyo? On the 6th day, we need to be back at Narita Airport by 3pm.
2. How do we get around to the different places
3. Where should we stay?

Just for your info 2008/2/23 10:20
The connect from Chitose to Narita (only direct connection from Hokkaido!) is infrequent (one in early morning and another at around 1:30pm, see this http://www.narita-airport.jp/cgi-bin/ais/flight_search.cgi/s...) and does not fit your time frame of reaching Narita at 3:00 pm. Your have to travel back to Haneda.

The travel time from Hanada to Narita would be 70 - 120 minutes depending on the vehicle you choose.
by Chris rate this post as useful

the page should be 2008/2/23 10:21

sorry 2008/2/23 10:24
the result page is too long.

Try this and input yourself. The flight schedule is the same everyday.

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/flight/today.html

reply to this thread