Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel From Kyoto to Hakone 2008/2/24 09:16
Well we are making our second trip to Japan in 1.5 years. We arrrive 4/1/08 in Osaka and leave 4/8/08 from Narita.

We plan on seeing Kyoto from 4/1 to 4/4 transferring to Hakone on 4/4-4/6, then spending the last two days in Tokyo.

We are already familiar with gettting around Tokyo but the transportation from Kyoto to Hakone is getting me. I know I need to take the Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen from Kyoto Station to either Mishima or Odawara. We are staying at Ichinoyu Skinan in Hakone. Which station should we head to from Kyoto. Also when should we buy our Shinkansen tickets? Can we purchase these like we buy tickets from machines in Tokyo? Or do we have to go to a counter to purchase them?

Any help is appreciated!!! Arigato!!!
by Chris  

. 2008/2/25 10:59
but the transportation from Kyoto to Hakone is getting me. I know I need to take the Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen from Kyoto Station to either Mishima or Odawara. We are staying at Ichinoyu Skinan in Hakone. Which station should we head to from Kyoto.

You might want to get to Odawara, from where you might change to the bus or the Hakone Tozan Line.

Kyoto 8:29 --Hikari-- 10:35 Odawara, then this type of Hikari runs every 2 hours until 18:29 and 20:48.

Also when should we buy our Shinkansen tickets? Can we purchase these like we buy tickets from machines in Tokyo? Or do we have to go to a counter to purchase them?

As you like. Purchasing both from the machine and from the rep at the counter will do.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

Anything Else 2008/2/25 21:05
Can we buy the tickets the day of travel 4/4 or can we buy them in advance?
by Chris rate this post as useful

Shinkansen ticket 2008/2/25 21:25
You can buy either in advance or on day of travel. You can even buy at the JR desk at KIX airport, in case you have some waiting time after arrival.
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread