Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Izu in 3 or 4 days 2008/2/25 22:30
I am planning a 3 or 4 day trip to Izu from 23 March.

I would like to cover Kawazu (esp to see sakura/plum blosson), most of Higashi-izu (mikan picking, hotspring), Izu Kogen and Shuzenji. Shimoda is nice if there's time but not a necessity.

Since I will be travelling alone, it seems quite difficiult to find a budget inn that accomodates one person. Looking at the various wesbites, would Usami station be a good place to stay for 2 / 3 nights?

Also, would you recommend a 3 or 4 day trip for my wish list?
by Lillian  

Hakone to Izu 2008/2/26 22:59
I also want to add Hakone 1 or 2 day trip from Izu or Hakone first then Izu.

What is the best way to travel between these 2 places? I assume Izu free pass wont be the best as one need to return to the starting point ie Tokyo.
by Lillian rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/27 11:47
I would like to cover Kawazu (esp to see sakura/plum blosson)

I think it is too late to see the blossoms in late March. The Kawazu cherry blossoms are an early flowering species. They are in full bloom now.

Looking at the various wesbites, would Usami station be a good place to stay for 2 / 3 nights?

To reduce travel time, I would rather recommend to move your base each night, assuming that you don't bring much luggage (or travel by rental car), and overnight one night each inin Shuzenji, Kawazu and Izu Kogen, for example.

Also, would you recommend a 3 or 4 day trip for my wish list?

It depends on your pace of travel. Three days is enough if you like to travel at a fast pace. Four days recommended, otherwise, not including Hakone.

What is the best way to travel between these 2 places?

By train.

I assume Izu free pass wont be the best as one need to return to the starting point ie Tokyo.

I think so, too. I would be looking into regular tickets. And for getting around Izu, a rental car could be practical, especially during the week (weekends are not so good due to traffic jams).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hakone to Gotemba Premium Outlet 2008/3/4 14:06
Hi Uji

I've decided to drop Izu altogether and focus on Hakone.

Which pass would you recommend if I want to spend 1 day and night in Hakone and then travel to Gotemba Premium Outlet on the 2nd day before heading back to Tokyo?

I will be starting the journey from Tokyo.

Thanks very much for your help.
by Lillian Tan rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/4 21:20
It might be best to pay regular fare to get to Hakone, then possibly buy a Hakone Free Pass for transportation in Hakone and to Gotemba outlet mall. And finally pay regular fare to take the bus (or train) back from Gotemba to Tokyo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread