Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Huis Ten Bosch--day trip from Fukuoka? 2008/2/26 21:48
Has anyone been to the Huis Ten Bosch theme park? Is it worth visiting? Can we make it as a day trip from Fukuoka by train? Will the tulips be blooming around early April?
by Trakarn  

. 2008/2/27 09:21
I have never been there, although I have thought of going for the novelty.

You can do it as a day trip, it takes just under 2 hours from Hakata and the first train currently leaves at 8.25 am. The last direct train back to Hakata is 17.22, although there are some later trains with one change of trains.

The Tulip Festival runs until April 6th:

http://english.huistenbosch.co.jp/event/flower.html
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/2/27 13:55
Thank you very much, RobBeer.
by Trakarn rate this post as useful

Huis Ten Bosch 2008/2/27 14:32
Just got back from Huis Ten Bosch this last weekend. I live in Kitakyushu (about an hour north of Fukuoka City) and made a daytrip out of Huis Ten Bosch. It's a bit campy and can be little-kiddish at times. The buildings are pretty and are lit up at night. Not much of historical value. It's kind of fun to take pictures of Holland while you are in Japan just to mess with your friends. You can buy a "passport" at the ticket office that includes your entrance fee and also covers fees to many of the attractions in the park. The tulips look as though they were just planted when we were there, but not sure how long tulips last. Possible they could be around in April. My girlfriend and I tied the trip together with a a two-day trip in Nagasaki so it was worthwhile for us. We also went with another couple so it made goofing around in Huis Ten Bosch more fun. If you are in Japan for a short vacation, don't do it. If you are living here and just want to take in all Kyushu has to offer, then give it a whirl if you want.
by Dan In Japan rate this post as useful

any luggage storage available 2008/2/28 05:00
Hi Dan, as you have been there recently, do you know if this Park has 'luggage storage' available for a few hours while wandering in the Park? For some reason, I have to take my cabin-size luggage there and right after that I will have to get to the airport.. thanks
by amanda rate this post as useful

Bag Storage 2008/2/28 10:26
Here is the link to the Huis Ten Bosch Website

http://english.huistenbosch.co.jp/index.html

I didn't personally use baggage storage as I just carried a small daypack, but if you click on the link that says "tickets/general info" and then click on "convenient services" it says they have bag storage for 500 Yen/bag. Hope that helps.
by Dan In Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread