Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How thick the clothes would be? 2008/2/28 16:34
Hi all,

I'll be going to Tokyo this Sunday (2 March) and I heard the temperature is around 8 degrees. May I know in details about the clothing especially jackets to be worn over there?

millions of thanks.
by RShamsul  

clothes 2008/2/29 05:38
8 degrees Celsius is cool but not very cold unless you live in a tropical country. It also depends on whether there is wind and rain or not. You could wear several thin sweaters (you can remove 1 or 2 when you are inside a restaurant, store etc.) and a jacket with some kind of insulating lining. a bulky ski type jacket would be too much. I live in North America and see people with only shorts and a sweat shirt (our postman, bus drivers etc.) when the temperature is between 0 and 10.
by Monkee see rate this post as useful

winter wear 2008/2/29 08:16
It depends on the person. I wear a medium weight down coat and a scarf and gloves in 8 degrees, other people might not. It also depends how windy it is- 8 degrees with a strong wind feels much colder.

Yahoo Japan gives a high of 11 and a low of 3 for Sunday- I would bring a warm wool or light down coat, gloves and scarf and maybe a hat, especially if you aren't used to the cold.
by Sira rate this post as useful

wear something portable 2008/2/29 09:32
Weather forecast reporters in Tokyo always say, "The temperture won't go over 10 degrees, so it will be very cold." 8 degrees for us locals are considered extremely chilly!

But are you sure about this? Because the forecast I'm looking at says it will be as high as 12 degrees this Sunday. Of course, in the early and late hours it says it can be as low as 4 degrees.

Either way, the Pacific coast of Japan including Tokyo tend to get sunny and dry during the day, and if you're indoors you will be very warm even without air-conditioning. And with air-conditioning it can even be hot!

Most locals would probably wear a middle to long length non-down jacket this sunday, simply because it's flexible, smart-looking and portable. Scarves, gloves and sweaters will keep them warm.
by Uco rate this post as useful

weather 2008/2/29 09:53
Hi
I live in Tokyo and we have sunny but windy weather these days.
I usually wear,, one or two inner clothes, thin wool sweater and middle weight coat. If you are indoor, it's warm enough without coat or jacket. Tokyo in winter is basically sunny and dry, so if the weatherforecast doesn't mention it, don't worry about the rain or snow.
by Miki rate this post as useful

weather in april and suitable clothing 2008/3/2 03:52
hi, what is the average weather and temp of kyushu in end April? Also, what type of cold weather wear would i need?is a leather jacket, with a thin sweater inside enough, or a denim jacket with a thin sweater is more appropriate? do i need woollen/fleece sweaters?
by aversonne rate this post as useful

waetehr 2008/3/2 05:07
did you try to enter "weather in Japan" in the search window on this site? (top left, under search this site)I did and got:
www.japan-guide.com/e/e2273.html
by ..... rate this post as useful

reply to this thread