Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Assist in iter. 15days 2008/2/29 02:55
Hi All,

I prefer to visit somewhere with beautiful, natural scenery than city.
I like to do alot of walking and easy hiking path.
I have schedule below iter.
however, I not sure whether can this work or does the JP cover these route free? I need to go budget in my transportation.
Thus, I though of buying:
days Seishun 18 Kippu-use during the first 5day
Kansai ticket-following by kansai ticket
7 days JP pass-lastly this.

1)Narita-airport rail train to tokyo is cover under seishun 18?
2)Tokyo
3)Mt Fuji-Yamanashi-is there any rail train cover under seishun 18 from tokyo to yamanashi?
4)Nikko
5)Hakone-worth going? or Kanazawa is a better choice?
6)Takayama (Takayama Festival-worth to go during that period?)-buses to takayama is cover under JP pass?
7)Shirakawago
8)Kyoto (using Kansai ticket)
9)Osaka(using Kansai ticket)
10)Nara(using Kansai ticket)
11)Kobe(using Kansai ticket)
12)Hiroshima
13)Miyajima

Please advise if this plan and transportation work out?

Deeply appreciates.
Thanks.
by lin  

... 2008/3/2 10:55
I don't think a Seishun 18 Kippu makes sense for your itinerary!

Narita-airport rail train to tokyo is cover under seishun 18?

Only the JR Sobu Line can be used with the Seishun 18 Kippu. But note that a single journey from Narita to Toyko costs less than 1500 yen. Which compares to 11,500 yen for the 5-day Seishun 18 Kippu (average of 2300 yen per day).

3)Mt Fuji-Yamanashi-is there any rail train cover under seishun 18 from tokyo to yamanashi?

You can get as far as Otsuki by rapid and/or local trains with one transfer along the way. The direct bus is much more convenient and comes cheaper:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html

5)Hakone-worth going? or Kanazawa is a better choice?

Hakone is a national park with lots of nature and hot springs. Kanazawa is a city with lots of history and culture. It is difficult to compare the two!

Takayama (Takayama Festival-worth to go during that period?)-buses to takayama is cover under JP pass?

The trains to Takayama are covered by the Japan Rail Pass:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5908.html

Depending on where you start and end your trip and how long you will spend in each destination, a 14-day Japan Rail Pass may well be the most suitable pass for your itinerary.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread