Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Steak sauce 2008/3/2 09:35
My wife and I lived in Japan more than 20 years ago. I've been trying to remember what kind of steak sauce we used to get when we had teppan yaki beef. I rember it was slightly sweet. It was probably a house reciepe but it was similar at most of the steakhouses we went to. Is anyone aware of a commercially made product that can be found in the states? Some type of Mirin was also used. It's not the yellowish colored Mirin that can commonly be found. I seem to rememberthat it was a light red. Any help finding either of these products would be appreciated.
by KC  

yakiniku sauce? 2008/3/4 10:11
I don't know what things are available in the States, but in Japan, they typically use "yakiniku sauce" for Japanese style steaks. A variety of brands are available at local supermarkets as well as Korean markets in Japan, and each brand tastes slightly different.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread