Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko Inn check-in earlier than 16:00? 2008/3/2 10:14
Hello! I am going to Japan soon. When I made the reservation with Toyoko Inn Shinjuku, I had to do it by phone as their site was not working. I received a confirmation number but thats it and they dont seem to have email. But on checking my ticket I realised I arrive a day later than I thought (the 20th instead of the 19th). However, rather than change my reservation (and risk losing it) I was wondering if I could leave it, just let them know I will be arriving late, and check-in on the 20th at 11am? How strict are they about their check-in times? If I technically had the room from the 19th (and will pay for it) could I check-in earlier than 4pm on the 20th? after a 28 hour flight it would be wonderful to go immediately to bed :P I would love to ask them this personally, but they don't seem to speak english and my japanese is limited to greetings... so Thank You for any advice offered!
by Nara Ward  

Toyoko Inn 2008/3/2 13:27
Nara,

If you arrive after 10 pm without giving prior notice, there will be a cancellation fee of 100% of the room charge.
You can check in before 4 pm, but generally you cannot use your room before then.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Toyoko Inn 2008/3/2 17:43
I have used Toyoko inn many times and they are strict about checking times. They will you check you in at 11 am but not let you use the room as you need to be out of the room between 10 am. and 4 pm. for cleaning. They will keep your luggages in a secure room until 4 pm. You should make every efforts to call them by phone and talk to them in basic English and change to the 20, unless you don't care paying for one night for a room you will not uses. You should also send a FAX to the hotel. Again use basic English and quote your confirmation number. Print your message rather then writing it in long hand.
by Red frog rate this post as useful

thanks! 2008/3/2 20:29
Thank you all very much, I guess theres no helping it. I will call them and fax them for double confirmation of the change of date. I guess I'll hang out in a manga-cafe nearby until I can use the room :) Thanks again for the quick replies!
by Nara Ward rate this post as useful

Shinjuku 2008/3/3 07:42
no point staying in a manga cafe from 11 to 4 (you may have trouble finding one as, like bars and restaurants, they are more likely to be in the basement, on an upper floor, in a narrow lane..than on the ground floor). Shinjuku has so many places to see that it will be in fact hard to be back at the hotel by 4 pm. If you are afraid to get lost look for a department store not far from the hotel (Isetan is in the hotel area). they have lots of restaurants. If you were to go to Takashimaya Times square (south side of the station. your hotel is on the east side)they also have a Tokyu hands (hobbies and home stuff) and a Kinokinuya book store attached to them (Kinokinuya has a whole floor of books and magazines in English).
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

hmm! good suggestions! 2008/3/3 07:54
Im definately eager to go to Tokyo Hands. I was just worried about how tired I would be, Im coming from Barbados which is pretty much as far away from Japan as you can get, so in case Im really tired I was thinking about the Manga Cafe. but who knows, I might very well be so psyched to be in Tokyo I may get my second wind. In which I case I will definately check out those places, so thank you! I didnt realise they were so nearby!
by Nara Ward rate this post as useful

reply to this thread