Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 days Hakone Pass or Fuji Hakone Pass 2008/3/2 15:45
Hi, i'm planning to go for a 2days trip to Hakone and Mt Fuji around late march.
- Day 1, to Ubako (where hotel is) from Shijuku. Then to Owakudani, and then to Gotemba Premium Outlet for shopping.
- Day 2, to Mt Fuji from Ubako and to Premium Outlet for shopping again.
- Day 3, going to Yokohama

Fuji Hakone Pass cover from Shinjuku to Odawara via Odakyu line?
If i get Hakone Free Pass, furthest i get by the pass is Gotemba? what is the extra cost going to Mt Fuji by bus and back to Gotemba?
Thanks in advance for help. :)
by jeff  

... 2008/3/2 15:51
what is the extra cost going to Mt Fuji by bus and back to Gotemba?

Gotemba is at the very base of Mount Fuji!

If you mean to go to Lake Kawaguchiko, the one way fare by bus is 1470 yen.

Sorry, I don't know where Ubako is located.
by Uji rate this post as useful

3 days Hakone Pass or Fuji Hakone Pass 2008/3/2 16:00
Hi Uji,
Sorry, i did not make myself clear. The hotel is near Ubako (ropeway) station, a stop beside Owakudani station.
Where and how to get to Mt Fuji's 5th station or highest possible by bus?
by jeff rate this post as useful

qns 2008/3/2 16:06
Will the road to Mt Fuji 5th station be closed during March?
by jeff rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/2 16:06
In late March, no regular buses are running to the 5th Station. The highest you can get by public transportation is to the plateau of the Fuji Five Lake area. Access is explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html?aFROM=5200_6900

From the Fuji Five Lake are (or from Gotemba) you could take a taxi (or rental car) up the mountain if the roads are open.

... 2008/3/2 16:07
Yes, in March there is a chance that the roads to the 5th Station are at least partially closed. But they could also be open. It depends on the snow situation.

reply to this thread