Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Things to do in Morioka 2008/3/2 18:21
Hi all
I will be in Morioka for two days in early Nov this year - can anyone tell me what there is to do in Morioka, or any daytrips that I can take? I will have a JR travel pass, and will be with one other adult. We like all aspects of Japan - historical, architecture, food, modern also (eg manga, technology etc) so any suggestions at all will be appreciated. Also any reviews on where to stay (we are on a budget that will allow for us to stay at business hotel level - like toyoko inn type places). Thanks heaps!!
by Aleph28  

... 2008/3/3 13:15
You may want to try the famous Morioka wanko soba at Azumaya Soba which is just next to Morioka City Hotel near the train station. You can also find a few good restaurants near the train station serving Morioka cold noodles.
You may consider going by bus to Hirosaki Castle. The journey takes two hours and ten minutes. The JR bus station is located on the westgate of the train station. From Hirosaki station you need to transfer to the local Hirosaki Metro Bus that takes you to the castle. JR pass can be used for the highway bus.
by tju rate this post as useful

Hiraizumi 2008/3/3 21:10
It is in the running for UNESCO World Heritage status.

Here is a link:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5000.html
by Tama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread