Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

unseen / special tokyo 2008/3/4 19:20
can anyone reconmend places that is pretty much less talked about but still a must visit?
by hanter  

... 2008/3/4 21:46
Unless you have "special interests", I don't think such a place exists.
by Uji rate this post as useful

unseen 2008/3/4 22:25
well it could be an interesting area where more locals enjoy hidden away from tourists ?
by hanter rate this post as useful

Toden Arakawa tramway 2008/3/4 22:37
Last year I took the Toden Arakawa line between Waseda Station and Minowabashi Station and I enjoyed it for the reason stated in this blog:
http://hoshisato-travel.blogspot.com/2007/10/toden-arakawa-l...

It is not a "must visit" thing, but I felt I was going back in time a little and was seeing Tokyo as you see it in the old black and white movies by Ozu. If that appeals to you, you might want to ride that tramway.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

Toden Arakawa tramway 2008/3/4 22:49
thanks kappa.. sounds intertesting !
by hanter rate this post as useful

I'm going 2008/3/5 01:15
Hi Kappa,

The tram is on our list of to-do list in two weeks! We enjoy the older side of Japan.

Is there a ticket for on-off privileges? Is there a must-see cemetery on route? I think I read somewhere about jizu statues behind a temple, am I right? Or I may be mixed up due to my hours of research.

Thanks
by Papayahead rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/5 02:13
The cheapest day pass is the Toei One-Day Economy Pass at 700 Yen, more details here, including other options:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html

There is a cemetery at Zoshigaya, three tram stops south of Otsuka.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

special Tokyo 2008/3/5 04:56
the Zoshigaya cemetery has graves of famous people. One of them is Lafcadio Hearn. His life would make a great movie! (google it). Some of his books about 19th century Japan are still sold-at least in North America- and are fascinating If you have been to Matsue,you may have seen his house, behind the castle.If you are going to Matsue don't miss it!
Tsukishima is another area of Tokyo where few tourists ever go but it has some interesting sights.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

arakawa tram 2008/3/6 16:07
Hi,

Is the Toei pass good for the Arakawa tram?

Does anyone know of a website with a map of Ueno park? We will be going to the bonsai club and ninja museum.

Thanks,
papayahead
by papayahead rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/6 17:33
Is the Toei pass good for the Arakawa tram?
Yes.
by John rate this post as useful

Ueno Park Map 2008/3/7 07:19
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

unseen 2008/3/7 10:45
thank you monkey see !
by HANTER rate this post as useful

reply to this thread