Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakkaido from mid Nov to early Dec 2008/3/5 20:07
Hi

I supposingly to travel to Hakaiddo late May till Early June and look forwad to see the flower field and do some campings. Unfortunately the trip have to be postpone till mid Nov (plan to stay till early Dec). I know at that time the flowers are gone, the autumn leaves are also over, yet snow have not arrive. I also find out that alot of campsite are close during Nov.
It is worthwhile to visit Hakkaido at that period?
What other kind of beauty I am able to find in Hakkaido?
I would also like to know if self driving during that period is adviseable and do the car need chains or special coolent to combat the cold.

Lastly, I will be bring two kids up, is there any interesting amusement park, farms, factories and musuem over at Hakkaido and would it be open during that period of time?
by MB  

... 2008/3/6 11:53
Frankly speaking, it is not the best season to travel in Hokkaido, but I am sure it can be enjoyable. You will find snow in higher elevations, possibly lower elevations. Some ski resorts will already be open.

Asahikawa has Japan's most popular zoo, which I guess your kids would enjoy. Sapporo has a chocolate factory. More information:
http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1101.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hokkaido 2008/3/6 12:33
If you are not coming up with much on internet searches try spelling it "Hokkaido"- you will find a lot more information.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Where else 2008/3/6 12:43
Thanks Uji san for your frank respond. If that period is not the best time to visit Hakkaido, can you recommend other parts of Japan that would worth a visit during that period (apart from Tokyo, Hakone, Osaka and Kyoto).

Would area in Kyushu, Chubu be a better place?

by MB rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/7 13:19
Yes, weather wise, Chubu and Kyushu are more enjoyable than Hokkaido in November and December. For example, you might be able to still catch the autumn colors.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread