Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Karuizawa-Yudanaka-Nagano/Gokayama 2008/3/6 00:00
Hi all

Thanks Uji for helping me out the last time.

I'll be travelling in end March.

Two questions:

1) I'm travelling from Karuizawa-Yudanaka-Nagano-Matsumoto. Is this the best sequence? Or should I do Karuizawa-Nagano-Yudanako-Nagano-Matsumoto? I can't find the route for the first (preferred) option.

2) For Takayama-Shirakawago-Gokayama-Kanazawa, is there a bus that runs through in this sequence, or should I rearrange my trip? I've tried searching all day to no avail.

Thank you in advance!
by sava  

... 2008/3/6 11:21
A convenient itinerary:

Tokyo - (JR Nagano Shinkansen) - Karuizawa - (JR Nagano Shinkansen) - Nagano - (Nagano Railway) - Yudanaka - (Nagano Railway) - Nagano - (JR local train) - Matsumoto

You pass Nagano City twice. You can make a major stop at either of the stops.

It could be done cheaper by using buses.

From Matsumoto, you could then use buses via Takayama and Shirakawago to Gokayama.

For Takayama-Shirakawago-Gokayama-Kanazawa, is there a bus that runs through in this sequence?

No. There is a bus from Takayama via Shirakawago to Kanazawa, but Gokayama is not along the route. You either visit Gokayama in a side trip from Shirakawago or travel as follows:

Takayama - Shirakawago - Gokayama - Takaoka - Kanazawa

See the map on the following page for an illustration. Gokayama is located along the purple Kaetsuno Bus line:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5953.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

! 2008/3/9 18:40
Noted. Thanks a lot Uji!
by sava rate this post as useful

Buying/reserving bus tickets 2008/3/20 14:49
Taking the Seibu bus from Karuizawa back to Tokyo, but does anyone know where I can purchase/reserve the ticket in advance maybe the night before in person?
Tried to navigate through the japanese but couldn't find much...

Also for the Kaetsuno bus from Takaoka to Shirakawago and Nohi bus to Takayama, should I just buy the ticket from the JR station the night before?

Thank you in adv again!
by sava rate this post as useful

reply to this thread