Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7days itinerary to hokkaido 2008/3/7 01:26
I'm planning my first trip to Hokkaido at the middle of July. Stay 7 days and rent a car for 3 days(Furano/Biei). Would someone tell me that my itinerary is a good way or not?

day1 HK-Sapporo-Asahikawa (overnight in Sapporo)
day2 Sapporo-Furano (rent a car, overnight in Furano)
day3 Furano-Biei (overnight in Furano)
day4 Biei-Noboribetsu (overnight in Noboribetsu)
day5 Noboribetsu-Sapporo
day6 Sapporo
day7 Sapporo-HK

Is it the best way to save the travel/driving time?
by linglo  

... 2008/3/7 11:20
Overnight in Asahikawa on the first night and then continue from there to nearby Biei and Furano the next day. It would be a big waste of time to return to Sapporo once in between.

The rest looks good. If you feel comfortable driving in Japan, I recommednd to rent a car from day 1 to at least 4 (return the ar in Sapporo and take the free hotel bus to Noboribetsu, assuming you stay at a hotel, which offers a free shuttle bus), possibly until day 5 or possibly for your entire stay:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2024.html

This will give you much flexibility in the Biei/Furano area, where public transportation is inconvenient.
by Uji rate this post as useful

7 days itinerary to hokkaido 2008/3/11 13:34
Uji, thanks for your information.

I plan to stay overnight at Sapporo in the first day as I bought CX package which is included 3 nights accommodation in Sapporo.

However, I won't go to Asahikawa because we can go to Nixe to watch ''Pengiun''.

New itinery :
day1 HK-Sapporo (overnight in Sapporo)
day2 Sapporo-Biei-Furano (take a car in Sapporo, overnight in Furano's)
day3 Furano (overnight in Furano)
day4 Furano-Noboribetsu-Lake Toya (overnight in Noboribetsu hot spring hotel)
day5 Noboribetsu-Sapporo (return car & overnight in Sapporo)
day6 Sapporo-Otaru (overnight in Sapporo)
day7 Sapporo-HK

How about this new itinerary?
How long I will take from Sapporo to Biei by car?

I'm not sure that I will go to Lake Toya or not, because I just plan to watch/play the firework there. Is it worth? How long I will take from Noboribetsu to Lake Toya?

I'm going to plan to Nixe, ''Hell Valley'' & ''Bear Land'' in day4 & day5. Can we finish these 3 places in 2 days? Any suggustion in day4 & day5?
by linglo rate this post as useful

I don't know... 2008/3/11 14:09
Hi there "linglo",

just looked at your agenda. I don't know why you want to go to Ohtaru. And it seems to me that most of your time you will be staying in and around Sapporo. There are definitely many more places you can see in 7 or 8 days! I went to Hokkaido (motorcycle touring) last summer and had a great time. For pictures and some information you might want to check my homepage at http://virtulanguage.com/Hokkaido2007.html. There is some written information as well as lots of pictures - even if it is just to give you a general idea. If I can help you with anything at all, please let me know! Just one thing: Hokkaido is GREAT!!! I am sure you will enjoy it!

Klaus
by klaus rate this post as useful

Klaus 2008/3/12 00:47
Hi Klaus,

Read your agenda & picture, I noted that you are very enjoy your trip in Hokkaido last year. Especially, it's a motorcycle tour!

I plan so much time at/around Sapporo because our airline's package offers us 3 nights accommodation in Sapporo. Acutally, I think I will only stay 1.5 to 2 days there(shopping & eating). Besides, I will go to Otaru as there is a famous "canal".

08' summer holiday of Japan 2008/3/13 01:58
When will be started this year?

Linglo... 2008/3/13 11:15
...was this a question for me? If so, well I am planning already to go to Hokkaido the last week in July, first week in August. Of course again by motorcycle. This time I want to cover the southern part, too, if time, weather and money permit go all the way around.
by klaus rate this post as useful

reply to this thread