Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How Much, Where and When? 2008/3/7 02:06
My soon to be husband and i want to honeymoon in japan, but we are not sure how much to save up or where we should visit.

He really like really relaxing things, nature, and history. while i like more busy city life kinds of things, and cute stuff (lol i also really like shopping). we both like anime and Japanese movies.

we really have no idea how to plan this trip lol. we both love the Japanese culture and have talked about going since we first met.

as for when theres no date for the wedding yet because we don't know the best time to go to japan...

thanks for the help guys!
by dirtylilfilmgirl  

how about kamakura? 2008/3/9 11:26
Hi,If you choice honeymoon in Japan Im really glad.

How about Tokyo or yokohama and Kamakura?

Tokyo and Yokohama are busy city and can many type of Shopping.ofcorce you can enjoy japanese foods.

Kamakura is traditional city.
you can see many temples and relaxing view.
there is not so far from tokyo.so If you stay in tokyo or yokohama you can go easy.

sorry my english is poor.
I hope your honeymoon will be excellent.
by xing wu rate this post as useful

dirtylilfilmgirl 2008/3/9 11:54
Some more info would be helpful,

Length of time planned to spend in Japan?
Are you planning on staying in small location, single prefecture/city, or wish to travel whole (majority of the country).
Preferred sleeping accommodation (hostel/hotel/Ryokan/etc)

Ifm sure there is many people here, Nationalist or people who visited Japan (maybe for honeymoon), that will be more then willing to give you their opinion. But in the end itfll be your, and your soon to be, trip so using the following link to research your trip is your best bet. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623a.html

Time of year depends on the person, http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2273.html, Ifm a winter person (and Ifm planning a Winter trip for my second trip to Japan... first time was in Aug 35C+ temp, I had fun but was too hot for me).
by Pouliot rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/3/10 04:08
thanks that helped a lot.

we are thinking maybe 2 weeks.
by dirtylilfilmgirl rate this post as useful

It depends on a few things 2008/3/10 04:29
First of all, congratulations to you and your fiance!
Second, the best time to go for outdoor siteseeing would be from March-May and November. You'll wanna avoid the summer months because of the high humidity, unless you really enjoy being outside sweating bullets! May is, on average, 22-25 degrees celsius around the Tokyo area. March is really nice since you'll be able to see the cherry blossoms (sakura) and it's, on average, 15-18 degrees during the day.

Budget-wise, the sky's the limit. The higher the budget, the better the experience. Food can get pretty expensive, especially if you eat traditional Japanese food. That's not to say that inexpensive food is less enjoyable 'cause that's definitely not the case. Transportation can also get a little pricey if you plan on using the bullet train (shinkansen) a lot, but you can get a Japan Rail Pass which is a good value. So with that being said, $2500 per person, including hotel, transportation within Japan, food, siteseeing, and shopping, would be a sufficient budget.
by Kaye rate this post as useful

where? 2008/3/10 07:06
For most tourists Japan means Tokyo, the capital, in the same way that England = London, France = Paris etc. Tokyo is vibrant, exciting etc. but nowhere near as rich as the 2 capitals above when it comes to historical monuments. Tokyo is also HUGE and, unless you are very familiar with the fast pace and big crowds of New York,London etc.(crowds that are nothing compared to those in Tokyo) Tokyo will be overwhelming. WHERE to go then? the answer is the birthplace of Japanese culture: the Kansai. There is Nara and Kyoto, both former capitals, with thousands of shrines and temples, beautiful gardens and parks etc. There is Osaka, a modern city with an ancient past and lots of shopping (one area alone has 3 big department stores around a square and over 400 shops in an underground mall connecting these 3 department stores, several hotels, railway stations etc.), Kobe,a pleasant city on the side of a small mountain and with easy access to nature,Onsens etc. Himeji and its amazing castle, the beautiful Biwa lake, etc. the Sea of Japan is also easily accessible. In other words you have various interesting cities 30-40 minutes from one another by frequent trains but also small towns, mountains, lakes etc. and lots of shopping possibilities. check www.sckyscrapercity Kansai and www.skyscaper Osaka for photos. staying in the Kansai gives you a great introduction to Japanese culture without having to change hotels and travelling long distance every couple of days. I usually go in April, May, September, October, as the weather is more pleasant.
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

Last June 2008/3/10 07:13
My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Japan last June. We settled on staying in Tokyo, as we could travel anywhere outside of it easily. We took several day trips to get out of the city. Hakone, Odawara, and Kamakura are all easy to get to. We were there for 2 weeks. I think we brought around $3000 to spend (a good chunk of that was from the wedding, lol). flights were about $1000 each, and we stay at Oakwood apt. I think that came to about $2000 or so (can't remember exactly). so for us, it was about $6000 for your trip. It was truly worth every penny though. with that budget, we did pretty much everything we wanted and didn't worry about costs on most stuff. If you have any specific questions, post them and i'll try to answer. :)
by Nika rate this post as useful

reply to this thread