Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

distance Miyako Hotel to Miyako Odori 2008/3/8 07:56
Does anyone know how far this is? Would it be costly for a taxi? Or is it quicker to take transit? We have a tour and then less than an hour to get to the theatre. Is this even possible? (These were the only tickets I could get.) THanks for the help.
by Claudia  

... 2008/3/8 12:14
I don't know which Miyako hotel you're referring to. (Westin Miyako or New Miyako)If it is Westin Miyako, it costs less than 1000 yen. If it is New Miyako, it's about 1200-1300 yen.

Guided tours often visit Gion at the end. If so, you may ask leaving there instead of going back to your hotel.
by JLady rate this post as useful

New Miyako to Miyako Odori 2008/3/8 12:23
Sorry I didn't specify the hotel more clearly. It is the New Miyako. Our tour covers Nijo Castle, Golden Pavilion and Heian Shinto Shrine. Is any of that near the theatre? How long would the taxi ride be from the hotel? Thanks for your help.
by Claudia rate this post as useful

Getting to Miyako Odori 2008/3/8 13:36
Claudia:

As noted by JLady, it really depends on where the tour ends. That is, some tours do not take you back to your hotel.

But, check out the website of Miyako Odori that was posted earlier by Uji. The English website is http://www.miyako-odori.jp/miyakoodori/english.html and it shows a map of where the theater is.

Get hold of a detail street map of Kyoto and relate to where Gion Kobu Kaburenjo Theater is in the famed Gion District. If you have just under a half an hour to get there after the tour ends, you should get there in time.
by Harold rate this post as useful

Getting to Miyako Odori 2008/3/8 13:39
Sorry, I meant to say if you have LESS THAN AN HOUR you should be able to get there in time. That's assuming you have at least half an hour to 45 minutes.
by Harold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread