Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Locker at Asakusa Station (Ginza Line) 2008/3/8 17:36
I will be staying 1 night at the Capsule Hotel Asakusa Riverside. After checking out at 10am I still wish to hang around the area and wondering where to store my cabin sized trolley bag plus an overnight bag until after lunch? Would the Capsule hotel store them for me? I guess unlikely. Thus, are there many lockers at the Asakusa Station, or Left Luggage Room? If full which other station would be a surer bet to have spare locker/left luggage store? I will be traveling on to Roppongi and would prefer to only reach Roppongi in the early evening. So, even though I can't store my stuffs in Asakusa, any other places with interesting things to see would do as long as I can store my luggage at the station there until I leave for Roppongi in the early evening.
by Mel  

Lockers 2008/3/9 03:07
JR Ueno station is a big station that has lots of lockers and it is on the Ginza line, a couple of stops from Asakusa. I may be wrong but subway stations like Asakusa are much less likely to have lockers, especially big ones,than rail stations. Of course you can try the Asakusa Tobu railway station but again JR Ueno is bigger and has more services. This will also give you a chance to visit the Ueno area. THIS is what I would do anyway, even if I have to take the subway back to Asakusa for sightseeing then walk to Ueno later (if I read you OK, you are in no rush to go to Roppongi that day)
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

Good Idea! 2008/3/9 04:38
Hi RedFrog, you are right, I will be in Roppongi for the next 5 nights and please correct me if I'm wrong, but Roppongi just feels too 'Gaijin' with all the expat hangout places. I also assume it is an expensive district in comparison to Asakusa, Ueno, etc. Furthermore, the hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the station so I will probably be too lazy once I checked in to go back to other sections of the town again.
by Mel rate this post as useful

Lockers, etc. 2008/3/9 05:29
Mel,
my feeling exactly! we must be a minority but so be it. I noticed, from several of your posts, that you planned your trip very well and am sure that you will have a great time.
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/9 06:51
Just in case, Asakusa Station (Ginza Line) has 51 coin lockers of various sizes:
http://www.metocan.co.jp/locker.html

While most major subway stations have coin lockers, quite a few smaller ones don't.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Great! 2008/3/9 09:19
Great to hear that there are quite a number of lockers at Asakusa. Actually I had already asked the Capsule hotel in my e-mail to them if they will allow me to leave my luggage til after lunch and they say 'fine' but typical me.. better be prepared incase they refuse on that day. Thanks, guys!
by Mel rate this post as useful

reply to this thread