Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Difficult to reserve a seat on NEX? 2008/3/10 00:58
I will be arriving in Narita at about 2pm Japan time on a Friday. I will be taking the Narita Express to Tokyo and was wondering if it will be difficult to reserve a seat on the NEX just when I stepped off the plane. Last year when I was in Tokyo, i had to buy my NEX tickets from Tokyo to Narita Airport 3 days before my departure date as the tickets could be sold out!

I have to catch the shinkansen to Osaka from Tokyo and do not have a lot of time to waste waiting for a NEX to Tokyo station.

Any info will be helpful. thanks!!
by ambien  

NEX 2008/3/10 09:22
Ambien,

Trains to the airport can sometimes be sold out several days in advance because people know exactly what time they are travelling. Trains from the airport, however, are rarely sold out until perhaps 10 minutes before departure. Few people will reserve in advance simply because you cannot predict what time your plane will arrive and how long it will take to get through Immigration.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

highly unlikely 2008/3/10 09:38
I have caught the NEX from Narita countless times and have never been unable to purchase a ticket because they were sold out.

Tokyo to Narita, as Dave in Saitama says, is a different situation.
by Sira rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/10 09:42
To add, in the off chance outside of a major travel period that the NEX is sold out *from the airport, they sell standing only tickets.

Or use:
Airport Limousine Buses
the JR Rapid train
the Keisei Skyliner or Limited Express.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2027.html
The chances are you're never going to be without a seat if you needed one for most of the trip into Tokyo.
by John rate this post as useful

JR trains 2008/3/10 11:02
you can also go by JR from Narita to Shinagawa and change there to an Osaka bound Shinkansen. Shinawaga is a much easier station to navigate around than Tokyo.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

reply to this thread