Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

airport transport 2008/3/11 22:50
please could you let me know ,whats best to get to shinjuku station ,train or airport limosusine bus
by richard  

... 2008/3/12 10:28
In general, it is faster to use a train (Narita Express) from the airport to Shinjuku station especially in the afternoon.
Which hotel are you going to stay?
by JLady rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/12 13:18
please could you let me know ,whats best to get to shinjuku station ,train or airport limosusine bus

I'd say you might use the Narita Express. The service direct to Shinjuku runs every 30 minutes to 60 minutes and takes 80 minutes to Shinjuku.

If you coincident with a service that doesn't go to Shinjuku, change to Chuo Line train at Tokyo. It's about 80 minutes in total as well.

Don't forget to buy a 'Suica and NEX' package.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/index.html
by optimistk rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/12 13:30
"Best"
Depends on your situation.
Have luggage and don't want to bother navigating streets and train stations, hen the airport bus takes you to the front door of most major hotels.

by John rate this post as useful

cheapest way Narita Airport -> Shinjuku 2008/3/12 19:26
If ''best'' means lowest cost:

Take the Keisei line to Keisei Yawata 京成八幡, go down the stairs to Motoyawata 本八幡 station on the Toei Subway Shinjuku Line 都営地下鉄 新宿線, and ride it all the way to Shinjuku.

780yen (from terminal 2) / 840yen (from terminal 1) for Keisei line.

360yen for the subway.

Total: 1140yen / 1200yen

The more frequent departures means it may even be quicker if you would otherwise have to wait an hour for the next NEX.

Last time I checked, Keisei could not be paid by credit card, but could you purchase a Suica card from the JR East office by credit card, and then use the Suica card on the above Keisei + subway line? If you could that's certainly convenient.
by anon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread