Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Meaning of a japanese name 2008/3/12 08:35
Hi everyone =) I've been reading some stuff in this forum and i think that maybe you can help me to find out some name meanings.

Yukihiro
Kei

someone knows what that names means? i dont speak japanese but Yukihiro sounds like something snowy xDu i know I may be wrong... also I'd like to know if that name is common in Japan ._.

Also I heard a last name... it was... Uchizato, what is the possible meaning of that? I'd really aprecciate your help ^^

thanks =D

huh... sorry for the bad english I don0t speak/write it very well i hope ypu can understand what i want to say XOu well thx again XD
by Violeta  

... 2008/3/12 10:25
Unfortunately we can't tell you what they mean for sure unless you know the Kanji. Japanese names that sound the same could be made of various Kanji combinations that have different meanings. If you don't have the Kanji then would you prefer some common meanings of the names you listed?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Omg 2008/3/14 09:04
I didn't knew that where so difficult o_oU well, I don't know the kanjis T_T so I guess any meaning I can have is OK.
by Violeta rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/23 15:52
Yukihiro:
There are dozens of different kanji. Combinations including snow could be _ (abundant snow), G (expansive snow), L (expansive snow). The ones including snow seem to refer to lots of snow, but there are tons that don't include the kanji for snow.

Uchizato:
The only kanji I can find is , read Uchizato or Uchisato, which would mean ''between villages'' or ''inside the village''.

I'm not positive on these, maybe AK or another Japanese person can chime in.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Kanji is important 2008/4/23 17:45
I have to tell you we can't tell you anyting unless you know the Kanji of their names.
Though you may not be able to imagine, the pronunciation of Janapese name is not important at all.
Only the Kanji has meanings.
So it makes no sense to guess the meanings of their names without Kanji.

In addition, I have never seen used in the name of Yukihiro.
It's usually K or s.
K means happiness, s means going.
But in any case, the Kanji of "hiro" as in Yukihiro is also important.
by lonitary rate this post as useful

thank you anyway 2008/5/1 03:27
now i know how difficult is to know the meaning of a name without kanji...

thank you very much.
by Viole rate this post as useful

Kanji 2008/5/1 12:26
if you know the Kanji of them, leave it here.
by lonitary rate this post as useful

reply to this thread