Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traveling with Prozac 2008/3/12 08:39
I take Prozac on a daily basis, but am going to be doing a study abroad program for one month in Tokyo. I've searched and searched for information about wether or not it's allowed to bring it with me, but I haven't found anything. I did find that (at least in 2007) it is/was illegal to purchase it in Japan, but that's not what I want to do. I want to bring it with me from the US.

I did try and talk with the Japanese embassy, but all they did was send me to a confusing website that I couldn't make any sense out of. Can any one help?
by Joey702  

SSRI 2008/3/14 13:26
I travelled into Japan last November with a similar SSRI. I had my prescription with me and a note from my doctor stating why I needed it (on letterhead). I only took the amount I would require for my time. Customs didn't even blink. Not sure if it would be the same for prozac, but that's my experience taking a script into japan. My partner also took some anti-anxiety meds in and didn't get any trouble, no questions asked.
by R. rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/3/14 13:55
Thanks for your response. Did you have to declare your script at all?
by Joey702 rate this post as useful

drugs! 2008/3/19 20:09
I did declare it on the form on the way in, but when I tried to show the guy at customs (I, too, was wary about being told I was trafficing drugs etc) he didn't seem to give a hoot! hardly looked then waived me on through.
by R. rate this post as useful

reply to this thread