Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suggestions for Hiroshima? 2008/3/13 11:13
My fiance and I are spending our honeymoon in Osaka and we plan to take a side trip to Hiroshima. Can anyone suggest a good hotel here? I am thinking we will probably want something near the train station or near Peace Park. And it definitely needs to have a double bed... a queen would be better.

This hotel doesn't need to be cheap, but we don't want anything extravagant.

If you need the details of our side trip, I think it will go something like this:

Day 1: Take train from Osaka to Himeji, tour castle, eat lunch, take train to Hiroshima. Settle into hotel and then go to Peace Park if there is time

Day 2: Mazda Museum and Miya Jima

Day 3: Peace Park if we missed it on Day 1, then return to Osaka

Any suggestions for other things to see and do? Especially at night. And I have seen the castle before... wasn't impressed.
by Robyn  

hiroshima 2008/3/13 13:44
the Hotel Granvia is connected to the JR Station.
by Philip rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/13 14:11
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hiroshima 2008/3/13 22:56
Give yourself plenty of time for the Peace Park and Museum so that you are not rushed. It is a very emotional and moving place and you need time to take it in.
Make sure to try Hiroshima okonamiyaki, I like it much better than Osaka style.
by cf rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/3/14 22:20
Granvia looked very convenient so we decided to book there. I was also considering Flex before posting this, but I couldn't find photos of their double room on their website and I didn't want to risk it. I don't think we can beat the convenience of Granvia!

Yes we will allow plenty of time for the museum and Peace Park. I have seen this before and I want my fiance to experience it as well. It is an incredibly sad place to visit, but I think it is something everyone should see.
by Robyn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread