Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hirayu open-air Onsen - in mid Apr 2008/3/14 01:57
Hi,
I will be visiting Takayama on 14 Apr for the Spring Festival and was thinking of going to Hirayu Onsen for a half day visit the next morning before driving down to Shirakawago for the night.

Please advise if Hirayu Onsen is only accessible by bus. I think I read somewhere to protect the nature, no private cars are allowed?

Are there still any snow at the outdoor Hirayu onsen in mid-Apr? I wish to experience onsen surrounded with snow.

Thanks!
by yunxi  

Hirayu by car 2008/3/15 21:40
hirayu is accessible by car; Kamikochi is the location to which you cannot drive a private vehicle.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

snow in Hirayu 2008/3/16 07:22
I forgot; last year I went to the Spring Festival in Takayama and I believe there were small patches of snow here & there around the Hirayu area but not enough to call it 'surrounded by snow'. Every year is different of course but I wouldn't count on a lot of snow there at that time.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

from takayama to hirayu onsen? 2008/3/17 13:33
From JR Takayama Station,How can i access hirayu onsen? Bus service? Anyone can help me about bus schedule? How far from Takayama-Hirayu Onsen? Can I jst make a half day trip? Thankz
by kim rate this post as useful

kim 2008/3/17 14:00
by yunxi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread