Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

where to stay? 2008/3/14 09:17
I am going to Osaka in May 08. Can anyone advise which location is good stay. I will be arriving at Osaka intl airport. During my stay I will like to visit kyoto as well
by ascend88  

where? 2008/3/14 14:51
where to stay is your choice. Kita-Umeda, Minami-Namba, Shin-Osaka and Tennoji are all neighbourhoods that are easily accessible from Kansai airport. You can also go to Kyoto from any of them. Did you check the travel section on this site (top of the page) for info on trains and passes?
check www.japanhotel.net then click on Osaka then click on the map on the various Osaka neighbourhoods (see names above) to get an idea of hotels prices, comfort etc.
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

Where to stay in Osaka 2008/3/15 06:55
Ascend88:

My preference is Hotel Grandvia Osaka that's connected to JR Osaka Station (not ShinOsaka). The hotel shares a common hallway with the train station where you pretty much have convenient access to the train station and most of the train lines including the JR Osaka Loop Line. The hotel's double rate is about 18,000 yen for ordinary season with nice accommodation.

Nearby is the entrance to the underground shopping mall. I believe it's the largest underground shopping mall in Japan. Around the corner on the East side of the Station's exit is the HEP Hankyu Dept. Store. As you enter the store, there's a large whale suspended next to the escalators. On the upper floor, there's a huge ferris wheel where you can get a panoramic view of Osaka during the day or night.
by Harold rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/3/15 11:52
thanks to Red Frog for your kind advise
by ascend88 rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/3/15 11:53
thanks to Harold for your kind advise....but do u know of any other budget hotel in that area?

toyoko inn 2008/3/15 12:41
anyone knows and stay in toyoko inn before?

is toyoko inn at Umeda Nakatsu the nearest to JR osaka?

any recommendation on which one to stay...

reply to this thread