Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shopping in Tokyo on Golden Week 2008/3/14 15:45
I'm planning to visit Tokyo on April 29 - May 6, 2008. I read that it be Golden Week in Japan. This will the first time I go to Tokyo with my mom . My main purpose to visit Tokyo is for shopping. Do you think that it will be a good timing to go to Tokyo? Will the shopping centers or drugstores or markets close on Golden Week? And how about the transportation in Tokyo? I will be using train to go around Tokyo. Will it be even more crowded on Golden Week?
Thank you very much for answering my question! I really appreciate it? :)
by Yuli  

everything normal 2008/3/14 21:44
The shops will all be open during Golden Week and it shouldn't be any more crowded than usual- perhaps like a typical weekend day in places like Omotesando and Asakusa. Rush hour trains are much emptier than usual.
by Sira rate this post as useful

cherry blossom 2008/3/15 08:56
I will be going to tokyo during the golden week 25 april to 4 may. Got my lodging and rail pass ready and just wondering, will the cherry blossom over by then and what would be the likely temperature then. I am looking forward to this trip as we will be travelling from tokyo to osaka and would like to venture further as we plan and move along this route. Any good advice?
by dorothy rate this post as useful

Thank You! 2008/3/15 14:49
Thanks, Sira, for your info! :)
I feel better about going to Tokyo on Golden Week :) Do you have any suggestion about where to go shopping in Tokyo? I already know about Ginza. I want to shop the drugstore cosmetics and also the "not so expensive" clothes. Thank you once again! :)
by Yuli rate this post as useful

reply to this thread