Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

unisex onsen / nice view close toTokyo? 2008/3/15 18:37
I've been searching for a unisex onsen with a nice view which is close to tokyo (maybe an hour away) but can't seem to find one.
Can anyone help?
by debbie  

... 2008/3/18 08:29
Hakone has many ryokan where you can use onsen exclusively for a limited time (40 min- 1hr). This service is called "Kashikiri."
by JLady rate this post as useful

mixed bath near Tokyo 2008/3/18 14:39
This English website:
http://www.secret-japan.com/onsen/
will let you search for mixed baths in different areas of Japan. I don't know how complete their listings are. You may be able to find something to suit you here, although their short guides don't provide information on exactly how to get to the onsens, though they provide links to the homepages of places they mention.
On their list of Kanto area mixed baths, I have been to Takaragawa and Honke Bankyu Bankyu. If you can take a night at stay at Honke Bankyu Bankyu I strongly recommend it. Takaragawa was nice and is highly rated but women mostly wear bath towels in the mixed batha and I didn't like that.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

reply to this thread