Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

japan rail pass advice please! 2008/3/16 03:50
hello, I'll soon be taking my first trip to Japan. I plan on going for about a month and staying with a friend who lives near Osaka. During my visit I would like to see the surrounding kansai area (kyoto, kobe, osaka) as well as take a side trip for a few days to Tokyo.

So my question is what would you recommend (and why): a 7 day japan rail pass? 14 day? or just one of the other local passes? Thanks!
by schi  

7 Day Pass 2008/3/18 10:28
If the only long distance journey you will do is the round trip to Tokyo for a few days, then the 7 day pass is all you need. You will also need to use it several times while in Tokyo to start saving some money. If you can fit it in the seven days, you might want to consider using the pass to visit somewhere Hiroshima, Kurashiki or Kanazawa for a day trip or overnight stay. You would need to clock up a lot more mileage to get your money's worth from a 14 day pass.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

reply to this thread