Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which temple or shrine? 2008/3/16 12:22
There are many temples and shrines in Kyoto, especially in the Northeast and Southeast. I'm planning to visit them (2 or 3) on 23 March 08. Which are worth visiting? I'll travelling by bus.
by janet  

... 2008/3/18 08:31
It mostly depends on your preference. Guided tours often include "Kiyomizudera," "Kinkakuji," "Sanjusangendo." You may add some close to these temples to complete your schedule.
by JLady rate this post as useful

Fushimi Inari Shrine 2008/3/19 03:32
I highly recommend the less popular Fushimi Inari Shrine.

One great thing about this Shrine is that you can visit it at night and have almost the whole place to yourself.

We went to this shrine in the evening after most other temples are closed, and had a great experience.
by Crisis rate this post as useful

Uji 2008/3/20 07:22
The Byodoin at Uji is well worth a visit, and is a very short train ride south of Fushimi. It's one of Japan's most historic temples and its image is on the 10 yen coin.
BTW, Fushimi Inari is great to visit in the late afternoon, but after dark you could well break your neck getting back down!
by Tay rate this post as useful

consider more than one day 2008/3/21 03:19
Unless your travel schedule is fixed and unflexible, you really should consider staying more than one day. There are too many to just choose 3.

But if I had to choose, I would pick Kiyomizudera, Kinkakuji, and Fushimi Inari. But I would also try to go to the Heian Shrine and Sanjusangendo as well. It is doable if you don't linger too long at one place. For one of my days in Kyoto I managed to visit 5 temples and did a maiko henshin photo shoot.

Have fun! =)
by yuki k rate this post as useful

reply to this thread