Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Foreign Currency Exchange. 2008/3/17 22:52
I am visiting Japan from Malaysia. I have some Euro as well as Australian Dollar. Contemplating to take the Euro and AUD to Japan and change to Yen there, as I won't be using them in the near future, especially the EURO. But I heard that foreign exchange rate in Japan is very bad. So should I forget about taking EURO and AUD to exchange there and just exchange Malaysian Ringgit to Yen in Malaysia? Current rate in Malaysia to buy JPY is RM1=JPY31.35
by Mel  

Exchange rate 2008/3/18 19:50
Please compare, this is the offical rate at Narita Airport. I never had the impression of a very bad exchange rate in Japan.
http://www.narita-airport.or.jp/exchange_e/index.html
by Peter rate this post as useful

Exchange rates in Japan 2008/3/19 08:28
yes, those rates are more or less the same I've seen in the US for $, Euro and Swiss Franken
by Nicolassan rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/19 10:15
Unfortunately no Malaysian Ringgit in the Narita FOREX. Guess I will check with the Malaysian money changer what's the rate they'd give for conversion of EURO/AUD to JPY to compare to the Narita FOREX.
by Mel rate this post as useful

reply to this thread