Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR East Reservation with JR Pass 2008/3/18 10:15
Does anyone know if the booking system will accommodate those who have purchased a JR Pass for their coming vacation in Japan? I read from the phonepage that credit card is needed.
by lester  

JR Pass 2008/3/18 17:40
Something misunderstood, I am afraid. JR Rail Pass goes as followed: Prior to your trip AND in your home country you buy the JR Rail Pass but you get an Exchange Order. After arrival in Japan and the "temporary visitor" stamp in your passport you hand both your Exchange Order and your Passport to JR staff at JR railwaystations. Now you receive your JR Rail Pass and you decide on which day this Pass is to start. Same moment you can make free seat reservation. No credit card needed, no further payment.
by Peter rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/19 10:07
Sorry Peter, I didn't make myself clear. I was talking about the reinstated internet booking system for JR East on 25 March 08. I will be going to Japan on 30 Mar and want to use this new system to make sure I have my seats for some legs but it says credit card is needed so if I gave away my credit card # and went to claim tickets with exchanged JR Pass, would they still charge me.
by lester rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/4 14:00
so if I gave away my credit card # and went to claim tickets with exchanged JR Pass, would they still charge me.

You will not be charged if you pick up the reservation and show them your JR Pass. The credit card info is for if you don't pick up the reservation, in which case you will be charged the fare of the trip that you reserved but didn't use.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread