Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

best way to Nikko 2008/3/18 12:01
Hi,
I am looking for the best way to get to Nikko, in the morning. I am staying at a hotel in Bunkyo Ku Tokyo and I am near the train station KORAKUEN Street (Marunouchi Line). I thought going korakuen-Ikebukuro -Tobunikko would be the easiest way but now I have read about the various Nikko passes. It seems they are only for trips via Asakusa. Am I better of going to Asakusa station and using the Nikko pass or can it be used or bought from Ikebukuro? I won't have a JR pass at this point and getting there fast and early is more important than money however, if there is a way to save on shrine admission etc that would be good.
by Buria  

Nikko 2008/3/18 17:28
There is one train from Ikebukuro at 07.38 h to arrive (Tobu)-Nikko station at 09.39 h. There are earlier options from Asakusa ( 06.20 h ) arrive (Tobu)-Nikko 08.24 h. You can book passes online: http://www.tobu.co.jp/foreign/
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread