Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which is best translator. 2008/3/19 01:28
I have noticed that most of them seem to be designed for Japanese people who are studying English.I already have a Cannon word tank but it is not of much use to look up words in English for someone with no kanji ability.So I would like recommendations on which is the best translator for someone studying Japanese.Domo arigatou gozaimasu.
by Scott  

Not sure... 2008/3/20 04:59
Are you talking about a denshijisho or a website/computer program? If you're talking about a denshijisho, I have a Casio XD-SW6400 that i love. if you're new to kanji, you can just write it in on the pads at the bottom. it also has english to japanese section as well. so far i have no complaints about the system. and the newest models seem to be offering even more. (I got mine last summer)
by Nika rate this post as useful

Same Problem Here!! 2008/3/20 18:52
I'm having a trouble looking for a denshijisho(electronic dictionary) for learners because all the denshijisho i found was designed for japanese people so while using en-jp
it would translate it to kanji and i don't understand kanji

Anyone can suggest a denshijisho for foreigner please answer..
I'm studying japanese in japan and really need it
by Pong rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/20 22:09
Pong, if youLre in or near a big city you can try to go shopping and ask for that? ILm sure youLll be able to find something in Akiba or Den Den Town
by Aerond rate this post as useful

Casio 2008/3/21 02:16
The model I mentioned in my previous post can translate kanji to english, no problem. you just need to be able to write the kanji in the panels.

arigatou. 2008/3/22 12:40
I want to thank those of you that have taken the time to send me some very helpful information.I will be taking a close look into getting that casio.Domo arigatou gozaimashita
by Scott rate this post as useful

Douitashimashite! 2008/3/22 13:56
You're very welcome! I've found it incredibly useful, especially when i can't read a kanji. When i first got it, i was looking up all the kanji on it, lol. I've been able read, and understand many more manga and other books. when you look up kanji, verbs, and other words, it'll disply the various ways that it can be used, and gives examples in english. so it really helps.

reply to this thread