Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

going to nara 2008/3/19 17:00
is it easier, faster, cheaper etc to get to nara as a half day trip from Osaka or from Kyoto?

by grodgersOZ  

Better from Kyoto 2008/3/20 03:07
Everyone I know has planned Nara as a side trip from Kyoto, myself included. It's about 30-35 min from Kyoto station on the JR Nara line (you can use the JR rail pass if you have it)
by yuki k rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/20 03:41
I lived in Nara for a long time and I can tell you that It really doesn't matter. If anything, trains to Nara from Osaka run more frequently than from Kyoto.
by Sachy rate this post as useful

to Nara 2008/3/20 05:18
I usually go to Nara from Osaka or even from Kobe as I now prefer to stay there when visiting the Kansai. Osaka is the main city so there are more trains going directly from Osaka to other Kansai cities than there are trains between these cities and bypassing Osaka. The main thing for you as a tourist is to decide where to stay depending on the places you want to visit. If you want to see mainly Kyoto, stay there.If you want to see Kyoto, Nara, Kobe, Himeji, Koyasan then stay in Osaka.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

more time 2008/3/20 07:10
There seems to be a mindset that Nara is worth a half day visit. IMHO Nara is worth a full day or more. This is particularly true if you include Horyuji, which is a short train ride from Nara and is well worth visiting.
by Tay rate this post as useful

reply to this thread