Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

what temples in koya and Kyoto 2008/3/21 10:21
I am going to JPN for the first tie ever, I am visiting these 2 places along with Tokyo and Osaka

I would love to engulf myself in the cultral parts of JPn temples, seeing the medival JPN.

What temples could I visit and stay in, I dont speak no Japanese but I understand the ethnics behind it.

I wont come with no MTV mentally and yo yo yo stuff

Being a hindu I understand the concept and I will read info before hand.

I am travelling myself and I would like to take pictures.

I will ask for double matresses and stuff as I am in October.

Now please dont laugh but will they have electric chargers and stuff. I am asking as I thought some temples but at least have electric chargers and not 50 inch LCD TV's and DVD players

I want to pray in the morning in the monks and are all temples basically the same in the sense, you stay there, see the insides and stuff, pray and then leave in the morning.

As I would like to walk in the forests surrounding the temples as I seen in some of the pics.

I am hoping to stay there for at least a few days each and I assume this is for an evening stuf as opposed to a whole day as I cant imagaine it lasting a whole day unless you guys tell me.

Please give me lists and stuff as I have to start booking planes & hotel tickets.

I would also like to book temples and stuff now as I really want this trip to be memoriable.

by Abhi  

stuff 2008/3/22 15:52
I don't know what you mean by electric charger! I have yet to see one in a hotel, even an expensive one! usually travellers carry their own chargers for camera, phone, laptop etc. and plug them in any plug (you may need a converter for the power and adaptor for the plugs. check in your hometown). My friend and I each have a PANASONIC camera but they have different batteries hence different chargers.
as for which temple to visit...you have to google it. there are several dozen in Koyasan alone .first google "koya san map" then once you have the names of the temples google them in turn..
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

I meant plugs 2008/3/23 02:56
when I meant chargers, I meant the plug sockets themselves
by Abhi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread