Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gun games... 2008/3/23 07:05
Are there shooting games in Japan, such as laser tag?

In the US, we have laser quest - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuBBxmlTC6Q&feature=related

Is there anything like this in Japan?

Also, is paintball popular there, and can you point to a site with locations?

Finally, airsoft arenas? I don't like airsoft as much, but if I get desperate, I'll do.

And, for those familiar, do the locations rent out the guns and sell the paintballs, etc, or are you supposed to take everything? Any specific rules on paintball in the country?

Thanks - I tried google, but couldn't find anything.
by Laser tag?  

SO 2008/3/28 01:11
I guess it's safe to assume that there is no paintball or laser tag market in Japan, as Google reveals nothing, and no one has responded here for several days?
by the OP rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/28 08:27
Not sure about lazer tag but paintball is definitely not available. From what I understand the markers are not legal in Japan.

In the last three years of looking I've only heard of one place to play but it was on a US military base so not accessible to nonmilitary people.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/28 08:28
btw, i thought I saw lazer tag somewhere but I can't confirm it. I'll keep my eyes out though.

Thanks 2008/3/28 13:22
Thanks - at least I can stop wondering, lol.
by The OP rate this post as useful

Paintball 2008/3/29 16:56
Yes, I believe I heard paintball is illegal there, probably related to a law against anything that can shoot projectiles above a certain power limit; anything above xx joules was prohibited.

Airsoft should be much popular, since it was 'born' there, but you mentioned you weren't a big fan of it.
by Paul H rate this post as useful

Knives not guns 2008/3/29 20:49
If you are into guns, Japan is not the place for you. Knives are a different story. You can get into deep waters pursuing guns in Japan.
by Guns rate this post as useful

survival game 2008/4/3 11:23
by you want to do a thing like this? rate this post as useful

Paintball in Japan 2008/5/1 17:05
I'm living in Osaka, and until about a year and a half ago, I played paintball in Hikkone (about an hour by train from here) a couple times a year. The owner of the field/business suddenly quit running his business, and left a lot of people wondering why their reservation requests were left unanswered. Anyway, since then I've been looking for some other place to play but haven't found anything. I have only been looking for outdoor fields though; no speedball. According to the owner, it was a pain importing the markers, but I don't remember the reason.
by INOSAKA rate this post as useful

Laser Tag 2009/7/29 14:09
I realize this is an old thread, but in case anybody surfs on it, I thought it was worth mentioning that there used to be Laser Tag in a couple of places in Yokohama, including the Dynalex Amusement Center in Mycal Honmoku, and a standalone laser tag center elsewhere in the city (where my wife and I had our third date, coincidentally). It's been over a decade since I've looked for them. I'm guessing the standalone is long gone, but I would bet the one in Mycal is still there.

http://www.wcities.com/en/record/,192762/187/record.htm...
by Hagakure (guest) rate this post as useful

Paintball in Japa 2010/8/11 15:35
Paintball IS legal in Japan.
You can play it at War Zone.

For details see:
http://www.war-zone.jp
by Tokyobladerunner (guest) rate this post as useful

paintball 2010/8/11 16:14
That's great news. I had long given up on this topic but your post motivated me to look again and it looks like fields are popping up all over the place. I'm gonna have to look into the laws and maybe I'll bring over my equipment the next time I head to the US.

Here's another thread I found on pbnation with more leads:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1349705

Paintball 2014/1/18 13:21
I ve been in this paintball field called War Zone it is awesome I think this is the biggest paintball field in Japan, they had the best equipment and very interesting lay out of field, definitely worth every penny.
www.war-zone.jp
by Avi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread