Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Flag translation 2008/3/24 06:55
I am looking for someone who can translate some Japanese writing on a WW2 Japanese Flag to english. If you will help me I can send you jpegs of the writinge. Please email me if you are interested.
Thank you
by NikonRules  

... 2008/3/25 10:49
try posting your pics on a free hosting site like imageshack or flickr and then linking here. You'll get a lot more help that way.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

A photo of this flag 2008/3/25 11:18
Here is a photo of the flag. If you can help with ANY of the translation I would appreciate it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24289829@N08/2360155632/
by NikonRules rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/25 14:20
It's painful to see this kind of flag anywhere - thinking of the time when they wrote it. It's covered with phrases such as "Aspiration of the young," "Do our best," "Go for it," "Win through everything," "Great death is number one," "Harmony among people," etc., followed by the individual's name.

If you are trying to decipher the names in order to be able to return it to any surviving family members, I'm sure there are other sites where you can seek help as well.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread