Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

i wat to know the living costs in japan. 2008/3/25 03:07
dear all,
i will be going to japan from may 20th to july 25th.
i will have to support myself there completely,including accommodation ,food ,travel etc.i want to know the cheapest and decent places where i can stay.i need info regarding hostles where i can stay cheap and commute to my institute(shimz) easily on a daily basis.plus i need to know how much money should i reserve for sight seeing etc, and how should i make most of the oppertunity without being ripped as i have heard that it is the world's costliest place.any kind of help will be appreciated
thankyou
rahul
by rahul vaish  

... 2008/3/25 18:30
Do you mean the "Shimizu (Shimz) Institute of Technology" in Tokyo? of Shimizu (Shimz) Corporatioin (Shimizu Kensetsu - construction - in Japanese)?

Then the Institute is in a middle of an industrial/warehousing area in central Tokyo, so I do not expect any cheap hostel to be close by. Are you coming on a business trip or a training program or something? Maybe you could ask the company if they have an employee dormitory or something you could stay at?
by AK rate this post as useful

reply 2008/3/25 23:04
yes...it is shimzu.
what if i stay a lil away where i can get cheap accomodation and commute via rail or bus.is this option affordable(how r the rail fares). i dont think ill get accomodation at the institute.
by rahul vaish rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/26 10:53
You might want to check out housing like this:

http://www.sakura-house.com/

Train fares are quite reasonable I'd say, but I do not know your budget.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread